Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

12 Posts of Christmas {8} The Ugliest Present Ever

So as Chris and I are wrapping up gifts, we come down to the last present - the very.last.one - and we have just scraps of wrapping paper left.  Are you kidding me??  I'm so not running to the store to buy a roll of wrapping paper to wrap ONE box.  But at the same time I'm terribly conflicted.  The two pieces of wrapping paper left?? Totally don't match.  Like, not even close.  We've got blue and white snowmen.  And green and red ornaments.

And I could feel the grumpies coming on.  You know, the "this could ruin our whole Christmas because it's not perfect" kind of grumpies.  But a simple reminder from Chris that this isn't a big deal and a deep breath later, we came up with this ....


There ya have it.  The ugliest Christmas present ever.  (I added the pink bow just to put it's ugliness over the top.) But it's awesome because:
1) I didn't have to do any more shopping (which I'm soooooo done with) to buy more paper
2) Brooks won't care at all
3) I've made what I consider a HUGE step in overcoming my perfectionism.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Ashley! Perfectionism is something I, too, have been blessed (and cursed!) with. Sounds like you have a nice handle on "going with the flow" when you need to! I'm really enjoying all the Christmas pictures of your precious family!

    ReplyDelete